Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 10

This post is just an update on how I've been feeling since Monday's appointment. I've been turning two clicks a day, for a total of 2 mm now. Turning the device doesn't hurt, but I do feel just a slight pressure feeling. The thought of turning the device freaks me out more than actually turning it.

I have been trying to put weight on my foot little at a time, but it hurts too much to put all my weight on it like I normally would. I think it hurts so much partially because it feels like the underside of my foot is bruised from the surgery. I have visible bruising on the side of my foot near my ankle, so I think I may be internally bruised on the bottom. No big deal though, I was expecting that before the surgery.

Yesterday I think I overdid the whole bearing weight thing, because by evening time I was in PAIN. My whole foot was swollen and was radiating heat. My incision site felt really hot and itchy, like it was burning. I had to elevate it the entire evening, and in the rare moment that I got up to crutch somewhere (bathroom, kitchen, wherever) the pain hit me pretty bad. It felt like all my blood went rushing to my foot...ugh, so uncomfortable. Today has been much much better. I limited my weight bearing and have been elevating my foot for almost the entire day.

My two online classes have been keeping me REALLY busy, surprising as that seems. I've been in the process of writing a one-page forum for one of the classes, but I am having a hard time motivating myself to get it done. It keeps my mind busy though, so no complaints!

 My bruising on my foot


 My super stylish shoe...not


My little toe peeking out! Hopefully we'll see noticeable progress soon

No comments:

Post a Comment