Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Day 2

Today is my first day after surgery and I'm feeling a little better. As soon as I woke up I took a pain pill, and then my sister helped me to the bathroom and down the stairs. Stairs by the way are hard; I have to carefully sit down and scoot up and down the stairs on my bottom while my sister walks behind me with my crutches. I had some breakfast and juice which made my stomach feel better. The pain pills kicked in, and they make me REALLY dizzy. So as soon as I was done eating, my sister helped me get back upstairs (which is twice as hard when I'm dizzy). I took a nausea pill and have been resting in bed with my leg propped up on three pillows. My instructions for resting my foot is "toes above the nose!"

I'm not sure what to think about this, but all my toes are completely numb still. When I wiggle my big toe it feels all tingly. I really hope this numbness wears off soon!

All day has been laying in bed and watching TV. Some of my friends came over to visit which was nice. I can already determine that this summer is going to be quite boring :/


No comments:

Post a Comment